The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting all parts of life as we know it. We are all learning how we can take action to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of our teams, customers and surrounding communities. Like you, we're a business that's asking ourselves questions like:
- How can we support health, government, and local officials to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- What are the short term actions can take to ensure safety and business continuity for our customers who face a sudden recession?
- What can we do now to prepare to position us to better serve customers?
At FM, we love that our success is tied to the ingenuity, entrepreneurial spirit, and grit of customers. As our team has looked around for answers to these questions, we've come across some great resources that we think you might also find helpful. In that spirit, we're sharing a roundup of what we've found.
How we can support health, government, and local officials to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- CDC Guidance for Employers - The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has published some guidelines to help employers navigate the COVID-19 response.
- How to Protect Yourself - Share this educational guide and use the CDC's Printable Posters and Fact Sheets.
What are the short terms actions can take to ensure safety and business continuity for our customers who face a sudden recession?
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources - The US Small Business Administration offers disaster response loans and additional resources to assist businesses through emergencies.
- 8 Things Your Small Business Needs To Do: The US Chamber of Commerce has put together a checklist and resource guide for small businesses.
- How To Stay Connected To Customers Through the Coronavirus Outbreak: Some tips for navigating customer contact while practicing social distancing from the US Chamber of Commerce
COVID-19: 6 Questions Managers Should Be Asking Employees While Working from Home: Has a guide for staying connected to your team as they work remotely.
Six Sources Of Crucial COVID-19 Support For Small Businesses: Forbes delivers a list of tips of places to turn for support in difficult seasons.
3 tips for using a business credit card during the coronavirus pandemic: CNBC shares three things to consider before piling up expenses on your credit card.
- Although we hope it doesn't come to this for your business, here are helpful some guidelines for making layoff decisions.
What can we do now to prepare to position us to better serve customers?
- Mark Cuban used his LinkedIn audience for a Q&A with small businesses. Not only did he provide some useful insights for business owners, but thousands of other professionals joined in on the exercise.
- Delay Tax Payments: President Trump announced a plan that would allow individuals and corporations to delay Federal Tax Payments for up to 90 days past the April 15 deadline. Some states have announced similar delays.
- Facebook Launches COVID-19 Grant Program: The social media platform is putting up $100 million in cash grants and ad credits to assist businesses during this challenging time.